Taylor Brothers was founded in 1952 by Robert B. Taylor, Sr. Mr. Taylor saw a need in the Lynchburg area for a full service lumberyard. The company grew and moved to its current location at 905 Graves Mill Road in March 1985. In 2006, Mr. Taylor retired and Taylor Brothers is proud to be a member of the Lester Group of Martinsville, VA.
The Lester Group was established in 1896 by G.T. Lester in Martinsville, Virginia. At the time, The Lester Group was known as the Lester Lumber Company. It originally consisted of a small sawmill and planning mill, with a small tract of timber land. Over the course of its first 100 years, the company has grown into a multi-faceted operation with the strength to survive two major fires and numerous economic highs and lows.
Today, The Lester Group, Inc. includes three building supply dealers, in addition to Taylor Brothers.